Solutions Engineer – Americas
ftrack products unleash the potential, productivity, and progress of every creative project, whatever the goals. Our Professional Services Team is looking for a Solutions Engineer to help boost the value of ftrack products at client studios, all over the world. We are looking for a self-starter in the U.S., though open to global candidates, who can function independently, in teams, and with clients, in this remote position. The ideal candidate would not only have previous experience building tools in the media and entertainment industry but also have an impeccable understanding of the production ecosystem and can advise our clients what’s two steps ahead to level up their workflow.
What you’ll do
- Partner with Solutions Architect and clients to design and implement custom tools with Python and React that extend ftrack’s suite of products per client requirements
- Communicate clear expectations with clients
- Possible travel up to 20% of the time, pending Covid
- Design and debug webapp tools
- Work cross-functionally with development teams and support
- Continuously improve our product by collaborating with the team and customers to get a better understanding of how they use it
- Assist support and solve support related issues to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction for existing and new clients
Who you are
- Strongly value diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Honest, empathetic, and deep desire to help the industry we love to be better
- 5+ years of experience as a member of a Pipeline/Production Technology Development team at a VFX/Animation studio or equivalent
- Thorough understanding of VFX and/or Animation production workflows and content creation pipelines
- Excellent Python and/or React scripting/programming languages
- Proficiency working with artists and their DCC’s such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini, etc.
- Experience integrating with production tracking software and review tools
- Strong ability to identify problems, breakdown complex technical problems into simple solutions, and value map them
- A results-oriented attitude and a customer-centric approach overall
- Comfortable thinking on your feet and reading a room
- Experience integrating ftrack into production pipelines
- Experience with C#, C++, and shell scripting languages
- Knowledgeable with SQL / relational databases
- You know and care about practices such as continuous delivery and automation testing
ftrack is the creator of Academy Award-winning project management platform ftrack Studio, the Academy Award- and Emmy-winning desktop media review platform cineSync, and the browser-based media review platform ftrack Review.
ftrack aims to make creative project management and media approval simple, efficient, and collaborative. In the creative industry, admin should be secondary to creativity, and individuals should always feel happy and productive in their work. ftrack enables this by replacing thousands of emails and confusing spreadsheets with easily accessible, aesthetically designed interfaces that make it easy to securely collaborate with anyone, anywhere in the world.
ftrack’s clients regularly win prestigious awards for the high level of quality they produce across blockbuster films, triple-A games, eye-catching advertising campaigns, and stunning animations. ftrack’s scalable production tracking and pipeline solutions help such creative teams to meet the ever-increasing demands of production, spend less time on admin, and focus on what really matters: making stunning work.