Technical Documentation Specialist – Remote, Global
As a valued member of the ftrack team, you will work alongside bright and passionate colleagues to develop the best project management solutions used by top creative studios in media and entertainment. We offer an international working environment that supports your individual growth.
In this role, you will lead the development and strategy for all technical documentation including (but not limited to) product user guides, knowledge base articles, API reference manuals and community-driven content. Based on our global support team, you’ll be working closely with our clients to gain a solid understanding of their problems & workflows with the goal to turn that knowledge into relevant material to support their learning and success.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain product user guides & technical documentation (both written and video) for all ftrack products
- Be the authority and voice for all internal documentation processes, from creation through to review and release
- Analyze support ticket trends to create or adapt appropriate learning materials to enhance ease of use
- Identify ways of improving documentation usability by engaging with clients and gathering feedback
- Gain in-depth knowledge of all ftrack products
- Engage with the ftrack community to foster engagement through social interaction & user-driven content
- Keep up with industry trends that enhance documentation effectiveness and ease-of-use
- Foster teamwork and collaboration across our regional teams to help produce tailored content for local markets
Who you are
- You have a strong background and experience writing user documentation and creating visual media
- You are capable of breaking down complicated concepts and ideas into easy-to-understand guides using both written & video mediums
- You have a passion for engaging with clients and a desire to help them succeed
- You love to create and define new support solutions, cut out complexity, and get teams back to being productive.
- You are interested in current best practices in your areas of expertise and make sure to stay up-to-date with new and relevant technologies
- You are able to partner with technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively in a remote environment
- You are a strong communicator with excellent written and verbal English skills
You might have
- VFX, TV, Animation, or Games production management or technical artist experience
- Experience in a similar role at a relatable SaaS company
- Experience using help-centre / support software tools such as Zendesk & Intercom
- Experience using ftrack or similar production tracking platforms such as Shotgrid, NIM etc
- Experience using screen capture, voice recording and video editing software
- Working knowledge of an additional language (preferably Spanish, Russian, Korean or Japanese)
ftrack unifies creative workflows via a single source of truth. The platform’s scalable solutions connect every person and piece of a project; replace thousands of emails and spreadsheets with accessible interfaces; reduce feedback loops; and make it easy to seamlessly and securely collaborate with anyone, anywhere in the world. Even when people, pipelines, or processes change, ftrack keeps things in the frame.
ftrack’s clients are found in 60 countries around the world and regularly win prestigious awards for the high level of quality they produce across motion pictures, streaming platforms, linear broadcasting, gaming, animation, advertising, VR, AR, and more. Whatever projects ftrack is used to facilitate, the goal always remains the same – make process disappear behind progress, so teams can focus on what matters most: being creative.
ftrack employs 50 people across development, engineering, support, sales, marketing, finance, admin, and more, with employees located in seven countries around the globe.