Technical Business Development – Remote, Americas
ftrack products unleash the potential, productivity, and progress of every creative project, whatever the goals. Our Solutions Team is looking for a Technical Business Developer to help boost the value of ftrack products at client studios, all over the world. We are looking for a self-starter in the U.S., though open to global candidates, who can function independently, in teams, and with clients, in this remote position. The ideal candidate would not only have previous experience working with tools in the media and entertainment industry but also have an impeccable understanding of the production ecosystem. They would also have strong technical skills such as the ability to read scripting/programming languages and can advise our clients what’s two steps ahead to level up their workflow.
What you’ll do
- Partner with Sales and become an internal and client-facing technical expert on ftrack’s product portfolio and platform
- Act as the prospect’s main technical point of contact and help drive the sale to a technical close
- Communicate confidently and clearly the business value of ftrack’s products to producers, supervisors, pipeline TD’s, and executives of all levels
- Understand the competitive landscape, and how to position the value of ftrack’s products in that ecosystem
- Manage and execute customer-facing information-gathering sessions, lead demos of ftrack’s products, and deliver technical pre-sales presentations focused on the needs of the prospects
- Support RFI/RFP processes by providing responses to technical requirements
- Work closely with regional management to internalize feedback and make recommendations for how to improve various sales processes
- Be an essential part of ftrack’s regional field organization, the Existing Customer Team, as well as the global Solutions function, providing implementation support, technical consultancy, and driving new product adoption, to/within ftrack’s existing customer base
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives and key results
- Continuously improve our product by collaborating with cross-functional teams and clients to get a better understanding of how they use it
- Assist support and solve support related issues to maintain a high level of client satisfaction for existing and new clients
Who you are
- Strongly value diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Honest, empathetic, and deep desire to help the industry we love to be better
- 3+ years of experience as a member of a Pipeline/Production Technology Development/Technical Production team at a VFX/Animation/Games studio, OR 3+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer, Creative Specialist, Solutions Architect, or equivalent, at a SaaS company serving the Media & Entertainment industry
- Thorough understanding of VFX and/or Animation production workflows and content creation pipelines, including basic knowledge of artist DCC’s such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Python and/or React scripting/programming languages
- Experience using production tracking software and review tools
- Strong presentation skills and ample experience presenting technical details to audiences of diverse technical backgrounds
- The business acumen and technical writing skills necessary for both responding to RFI/RFPs, and communicating with customers and prospects on an ongoing basis
- Strong ability to identify problems, breakdown complex technical problems into simple solutions, and value map them
- A results-oriented attitude and a customer-centric approach overall
- Comfortable thinking on your feet and reading a room
- Hands-on experience with, and/or a solid understanding of, Value Selling Methodology
- Project Management experience, and/or a workable understanding of project management methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, or Scrumban
- Experience using ftrack and cineSync in production
- Experience in Python and/or React scripting/programming languages
ftrack is the creator of Academy Award-winning project management platform ftrack Studio, the Academy Award- and Emmy-winning desktop media review platform cineSync, and the browser-based media review platform ftrack Review.
ftrack aims to make creative project management and media approval simple, efficient, and collaborative. In the creative industry, admin should be secondary to creativity, and individuals should always feel happy and productive in their work. ftrack enables this by replacing thousands of emails and confusing spreadsheets with easily accessible, aesthetically designed interfaces that make it easy to securely collaborate with anyone, anywhere in the world.
ftrack’s clients regularly win prestigious awards for the high level of quality they produce across blockbuster films, triple-A games, eye-catching advertising campaigns, and stunning animations. ftrack’s scalable production tracking and pipeline solutions help such creative teams to meet the ever-increasing demands of production, spend less time on admin, and focus on what really matters: making stunning work.