3rd Party Pipeline Developer (contract) – Remote, Worldwide
We’re looking to work with third-party developers who have experience implementing ftrack into creative pipelines for a production environment. We’ll provide you with a client that needs a developer to help implement ftrack into their pipeline.
This role is open to anyone globally and is ideal for freelance developers looking for their next gig.
ftrack is for teams who collaborate on creative projects. It is used by thousands of users in over 60 countries working in advertising, animation, film, episodic TV, games and VR projects. Often, projects are being run around the clock, in multiple countries with thousands of artists working towards schedules which are constantly changing. We have clients that have won many awards and are household names, and also boutique studios who punch above their weight.
3rd Party Developers will have a contract between the client and themselves to complete a project with a mutually agreed scope and have priority access to the ftrack support and development team for any critical issues. This is a fantastic opportunity to be introduced to new creative studios and expand your professional network.
What you’ll do
- Act as a consultant to facilities looking to adopt ftrack, understanding their requirements and gathering their specifications for workflows and integrations
- Develop custom tools and integrations using the ftrack API and frameworks to accommodate to the studios’ pipeline and workflows
- Guide the client to best practices and help set up their workflows using ftrack
- Flexibility to commute and work from the client’s facilities during the project
Who you are
- You are able to understand customer requirements and translate into actionable tasks
- You are familiar with working as a consultant and working towards a set of requirements
- Strong knowledge of Python, PySide and ftrack API
- Held previous roles as Pipeline TD or similar
- Working experience in post-production relating to CG or VFX with strong knowledge of 2D and 3D workflows
- Knowledge of high-end creative software: 3ds Max, Maya, Nuke, Cinema 4D, Houdini, Unreal Engine, Unity, etc.
- Understand the complexity of requirements at creative studios (VFX and/or games)
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
You might also have
- Fluency in a second language