Dev Ops Engineer – Stockholm, Sweden
You will be working from our Stockholm office (currently due to COVID-19 the role allows for remote working) with technologies such as Python, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCE and MariaDB.
You will join a team that shares a common interest in robust backend systems, their scalability, and continued development. Together, we try to find new ways to create a better experience for all of our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way creative teams collaborate around the world.
As a valued member of the team, you will work alongside bright and passionate colleagues to develop the best project management solutions used by top creative studios in media and entertainment. We offer an international working environment that supports your individual growth.
This role will report directly to the CTO and has career progression opportunities into other roles and departments.
What you’ll do
- Work with and contribute to a modern technology stack.
- Maintain and build automation in ftrack platform.
- Build and implement monitoring tools and self-service solutions.
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on performance, security, scalability and high availability.
- Work together with a team of engineers to deliver new API functionality to the front-end team.
- Participate in building and operating internal toolset, infrastructure and deployment solutions for the team.
- Schedule and deploy new releases to ftrack Cloud and on-premise.
- Continuously improve our product by collaborating with the team and customers to get a better understanding of how they use it.
Who you are
- You have at least five years experience as a back-end developer
- You are familiar with operations on the GCP, AWS or AZURE.
- You enjoy writing Python code.
- You are interested in current best practices in your areas of expertise and make sure to stay up-to-date with new and relevant technologies.
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools.
- You know and care about practices like continuous delivery and automated testing.
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems and take pride in delivering robust and reliable solutions.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- You have experience with relational databases and SQL.
- You have a solid understanding of web application security and best practices.
- You enjoy working with the entire life-cycle of service, from planning to writing code, testing to deploying it to production, and supporting its maintenance.
ftrack is a scalable cloud-based project management application used in the media & entertainment industry to help teams meet the ever-increasing demands of creative production.
We believe high-end creative project management is lacking at many creative facilities who still opt for sending hundreds of emails and track projects by sending Excel sheets with thousands of cells back and forth. Simply by storing this information on the cloud with a beautiful UI, accessed by any web-browser, all of this information can be stored securely to collaborate with anyone in the world, using powerful production tracking and pipeline tools to ensure projects are delivered on time, every time.
Our clients regularly win prestigious awards for their high level of quality in blockbuster films, triple-A games, and eye-catching advertising campaigns. We concentrate on improving project management so creative teams can spend less time on admin and focus on what they do best – creating stunning visual content.