Marketing Assistant – Shanghai, China
In this supporting role for ftrack in China, the ideal candidate will be responsible for marketing, working closely with the global marketing team and will report directly to the General Manager in Shanghai.
The role requires a strong communicator with a keen interest in all aspects of marketing, from writing original content, to gaining press exposure, organizing events, updating social media, graphic design and more. This is a varied role in a fast paced environment, providing a fantastic opportunity to learn and develop a career in marketing.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for marketing ftrack in China with the help of the global marketing team and General Manager in China
- Manage social networks in China, including WeChat, Weibo and others
- Write new and engaging content for the Chinese audience
- Translate material produced from the global marketing team
- Update the Chinese website with content
- Proactively engage with media outlets and publications for exposure on ftrack
- Gain a good understanding of ftrack features to help produce marketing material
- Assist with event organisation and outreach
- Use support channels to keep track of support queries and respond in a timely manner
- Work closely with the international teams to align priorities and escalate queries as necessary
Who you are
- Fluent in written and oral English and Mandarin
- Enjoy writing about creative industries or technology in both English and Simplified Chinese
- At least 1-year of experience in a full-time marketing role
- Friendly and approachable personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive and “can-do” attitude to see work through to the finish line
- Capable of prioritizing and responding to queries in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with distributed teams
- Based in Shanghai, China
- Exposure to working for a software company or in a creative studio
- Capable of using Adobe Photoshop for creating imagery
- Experience updating websites
ftrack is a scalable cloud-based project management application used in the media & entertainment industry to help teams meet the ever-increasing demands of creative production.
The first team to manage a project with ftrack was our own. It’s been our passion to improve high-end creative project management ever since. Created with producers, supervisors, artists and pipeline developers in mind, ftrack was built from the ground up with user experience at the forefront of design. The simple and intuitive user interface has led ftrack to be adopted by major creative studios around the world. Today, ftrack has thousands of users in over 60 countries working in animation, feature film, episodic TV, marketing & advertising, industrial design and virtual reality projects. The ftrack team is distributed globally with core development in the Stockholm headquarters supported by teams in the San Francisco and Shanghai offices.
We believe high-end creative project management is lacking at many creative facilities who still opt for sending hundreds of emails and track projects by sending Excel sheets with thousands of cells back and forth. Simply by storing this information on the cloud with a beautiful UI, accessed by any web-browser, all of this information can be stored securely to collaborate with anyone in the world, using powerful production tracking and pipeline tools to ensure projects are delivered on time, every time. Our clients regularly win prestigious awards for their high level of quality in blockbuster films, triple-A games, and eye-catching advertising campaigns. We concentrate on improving project management so creative teams can spend less time on admin and focus on what they do best – create stunning visual content.