Technical Sales Engineer, EMEA – London, UK or Stockholm, Sweden
ftrack is looking for an EMEA-based Technical Sales Engineer that knows the Media & Entertainment space well. The ideal candidate is well versed in VFX and/or Animation content production workflows, has strong technical skills (incl. knowledge of relevant scripting/programming languages), and is confident in providing valuable technical guidance and consultancy to ftrack’s prospects, customers, and partners alike. The role offers several distinct career paths and provides the opportunity to work within a global, Academy & Emmy award-winning team of genuinely nice people.
As a Technical Sales Engineer at ftrack, you will:
- Become an internal and customer-facing technical expert on ftrack’s product portfolio and platform
- Act as the prospect’s main technical point of contact and help drive the sale to a technical close
- Confidently present and articulate the business value of ftrack’s products to producers, supervisors, and executives of all levels
- Understand the competitive landscape, and position the value of ftrack’s products in that ecosystem
- Manage and execute customer-facing information-gathering sessions, lead demos of ftrack’s products, and deliver technical pre-sales presentations focused on the needs of the prospects
- Support RFI/RFP processes by providing responses to technical requirements
- Work closely with regional management to internalize feedback and make recommendations for how to improve various sales processes
- Be an essential part of ftrack’s regional field organization, as well as the global Sales Engineering function
- Work closely with the Existing Customers team, providing implementation support and technical consultancy, as well as driving new product adoption, to/within ftrack’s existing customer base
Attain quarterly and annual objectives and key results
The future colleague we’re looking for is someone who has:
- 2+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer, Creative Specialist, Solutions Architect, or equivalent, at a SaaS company serving the Media & Entertainment industry
- Workable knowledge of VFX and/or Animation production workflows and content production pipelines
- Strong presentation skills and ample experience presenting technical details to audiences of diverse technical backgrounds
- The business acumen and technical writing skills necessary for both responding to RFI/RFPs, and communicating with customers and prospects on an ongoing basis
- Demonstratable experience in problem identification and solution/value mapping
- A solution-focused attitude and a customer-centric approach overall
- The ability to multi-task while still paying close attention to details
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Python and/or React scripting/programming languages
- Experience with Value Selling Methodology
ftrack is the creator of Academy Award-winning project management platform ftrack Studio, the Academy Award- and Emmy-winning desktop media review platform cineSync, and the browser-based media review platform ftrack Review.
ftrack aims to make creative project management and media approval simple, efficient, and collaborative. In the creative industry, admin should be secondary to creativity, and individuals should always feel happy and productive in their work. ftrack enables this by replacing thousands of emails and confusing spreadsheets with easily accessible, aesthetically designed interfaces that make it easy to securely collaborate with anyone, anywhere in the world.
ftrack’s clients regularly win prestigious awards for the high level of quality they produce across blockbuster films, triple-A games, eye-catching advertising campaigns, and stunning animations. ftrack’s scalable production tracking and pipeline solutions help such creative teams to meet the ever-increasing demands of production, spend less time on admin, and focus on what really matters: making stunning work.