Training Manager – London, UK
In this crucial role for ftrack, the ideal candidate will become the global authority for how ftrack should be taught and used, internally and externally, transferring their knowledge into written and video guides, as well as in-person demonstrations and training.
This is a new role at ftrack – we don’t expect candidates to be fully knowledgeable of the ftrack platform from the get-go, however, we do expect a solid background and demonstrable experience teaching groups of creative professionals in-person or online, in-house or customer-facing.
The Training Manager will be responsible for the end-to-end creation of tutorial content and must be hands-on with a hunger for learning and sharing that knowledge to an engaged audience.
A solid understanding of various creative workflows, pipelines and project management concepts will be a bonus.
What you’ll do
- Develop comprehensive written and video learning courses and user guides that are easy to follow
- Be the authority and voice for all tutorial material and product demonstrations
- Be the main point of contact for all internal training at ftrack
- Define and create scripts for product demonstrations for use by colleagues
- Create video tutorials of the ftrack platform for use by end-users
- Continually update training content and create videos to supplement written guides
- Create best practice guides on how to go further with the platform
- Provide training sessions for small groups at creative studios (online and in-person)
- Work towards developing the first ftrack certification programme
- Work with the support team to solve common problems via improved learning material
- Travel to tradeshows and client studios (when travel is considered safe by government guidelines)
- Consolidate feedback gained from clients back to the product team to improve user experience
Who you are
- Hands-on, capable of owning and delivering the end-to-end of projects
- Enthusiastic with an infectiously positive attitude
- Driven to see projects through to completion, from initial idea to published online
- Fully capable of working autonomously and are self-sufficient in the content produced
- Have solid experience demonstrating software to end-users
- Experience in a similar role or as a tutor/teacher in the VFX/Animation industry
- Comfortable using screen capture, voice recording and video editing software
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal English skills
You might have
- Experience working in the production team at a creative studio
- Experience speaking and presenting in front of a large audience
- Experience of a similar role at a similar SaaS company
- Experience in writing documentation as a technical writer
- Experience using ftrack or a similar production tracking platform such as Shotgun
- Experience developing a community on social networks such as YouTube
- A passion for project management concepts
ftrack is the creator of Academy Award-winning project management platform ftrack Studio, the Academy Award- and Emmy-winning desktop media review platform cineSync, and the browser-based media review platform ftrack Review.
ftrack aims to make creative project management and media approval simple, efficient, and collaborative. In the creative industry, admin should be secondary to creativity, and individuals should always feel happy and productive in their work. ftrack enables this by replacing thousands of emails and confusing spreadsheets with easily accessible, aesthetically designed interfaces that make it easy to securely collaborate with anyone, anywhere in the world.
ftrack’s clients regularly win prestigious awards for the high level of quality they produce across blockbuster films, triple-A games, eye-catching advertising campaigns, and stunning animations. ftrack’s scalable production tracking and pipeline solutions help such creative teams to meet the ever-increasing demands of production, spend less time on admin, and focus on what really matters: making stunning work.