Software Engineer – Remote, Worldwide
Join the Emmy and Academy award-winning team that creates video review and approval solutions for the film, TV and games industries.
You thrive in a collaborative environment, maintaining effective communication with internal and external engineering teams, and are experienced in all phases of software development from planning and design, to implementation.
You have experience in building software applications for local hardware, not just for the web – and ideally, already have some experience in working with video. You have an understanding of building tools for end users, not for engineers – and can address complex architectural problems, with clean, intuitive solutions and a tidy codebase. This role will be open to remote positions worldwide.
What you’ll do
- You’ll be part of a small team, directly contributing to the development of our next-generation suite of review and approval technology tools
- You’ll be building components for playback/display of multiple video and stills formats
- You’ll be working to integrate and align with various industry standards relating to codecs, colour pipelines and security
Who you are
- Experienced in developing tools for creative production using C++ and Objective C
- Experienced in developing multi-threaded, optimized software using the Qt framework
- Experience of cross-OS development for Linux, Windows and macOS
- Experience of programming with modern GPU APIs: Open GL, Metal, DirectX
- Python development experience
- Knowledge and understanding of hardware acceleration for video playback
- Experience with modern image and video file formats – eg Open EXR, DPX, DNxHD
- Ability to work in a globally distributed team
- Ability to write code that is well documented for future maintenance
- Experience with software repositories such as BitBucket and GitHub
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
Nice to have
- Experience developing or extending internal review player
- Experience and understanding of colourspace and LUTs
- Knowledge of post-production workflows and pipelines
Who We Are
Cospective, an ftrack company, develops synchronised, interactive review and approval solutions, allowing film-makers and other creatives to share, comment and annotate their work in progress, in a secure review environment. Used by the biggest film and TV studios and facilities on the planet, cineSync is the go-to solution for live, interactive, visual conversation.
Our team is based in Adelaide, South Australia and is made up of individuals with diverse backgrounds, from games, VFX, audio post-production and so on. We value innovation and self-motivation and we enjoy working with our other software partners, including our parent company ftrack, the makers of the leading project management software used by creatives worldwide.